Who are Capoeira coaches??
In general, the coach is an exercise and sports specialist who by way of formation of behavior habits, and physical and mental exercises, manages achievement of athletic goals that support human health. The task of a coach is comprehensive, effective and safe development of athletic and physical abilities.Coaching requires a sense of responsibility, creativity, need for achievement, accuracy and honesty. Periodic efficient upgrading of knowledge and skills supporting the coaching and transfer of experiences and knowledge to colleagues. Important is the ability to influence trainees with personal examples. The coach works independently, as a member or a leader of the team involving various specialists. WCF selects cadets with these abilities and qualifies them within European Qualification Framework (EQF).
What is European Qualification Framework (EQF)?
The European Qualifications Framework (EQF) is a common frame of reference that relates the qualification systems of countries to each other whose purpose is to make qualifications more understandable across different countries and systems. EQF acts as a translation device to make national qualifications more readable across Europe, promoting workers' and learners' mobility between countries and facilitating their lifelong learning. Individuals and employers will be able to use the EQF to better understand and compare the qualifications levels of different countries and different education and training systems. Since 2012, all new qualifications issued in Europe carry a reference to an appropriate EQF level.The implementation of the EQF was based on the Recommendation on the European Qualifications Framework for lifelong learning adopted by the European Parliament and the Council on 23 April 2008.
By April 2018, 35 countries had formally linked their national qualifications frameworks to the EQF: Austria, Belgium (Flanders and Wallonia), Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom (England, Scotland and Wales). The remaining countries are expected to follow in future years.The EQF also comparable with Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF), the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF) and the Hong Kong Qualifications Framework (HKQF).
What is Capoeira Coaching Qualification within European Qualification Framework and what is the role of WCF in this project?
In cooperation with the Estonian Olympic Committee and Estonian Capoeira Federation, the World Capoeira Federation (WCF) provides implementation and coordination support for the sport speciality part of the Capoeira Coaching Qualification.The curriculum and content of Capoeira Coaching Qualification implemented by the WCF were adopted by the Estonian Olympic Committee which referenced it to the EQF. It should be noted that since 2011 Estonian qualifications have been linked to the European Qualifications Framework. In a word, when you obtain Capoeira Coaching Qualification from WCF you take Capoeira Coaching Qualification of the European Qualification Framework that recognized in all European countries Levels of qualification for Capoeira coaches will be followings:
EQF 3 - Assistant coach
EQF 4 - Junior coach
EQF 5 – Coach
How EQF works for Capoeira coaches?
Each Capoeira qualifications level of EQF consists of 2 steps. In the first step Coaches should successfully complete online courses organized by WCF and should pass examinations.In the second part Coaches should participate in seminaries in their countries taking “general knowledge” like biology, medicine, pedagogy, psychology, organisation, finance and law.
Requirements of the EQF Capoeira Coaching Qualification will be followings:
General knowledge hours
Capoeira sport speciality hours
Total hours education
Age not less than 18 years
Experience in Capoeira minimum 5 years
1st level coaching qualification in Capoeira
At least 1 year working experience in I level or Higher education in exercise and sports
At least 60 hours complementary education in past 4 years
2nd level coaching qualification in Capoeira
At least 3 year working experience in I and II level or Higher education in exercise and sports obtained in past 5 years
At least 60 hours complementary education in past 4 years
At least 1 year working experience on II level or Higher education in exercise and sports obtained 6 years or more ago
At least 5 years working experience during the past 8 years
Who will award certificates?
As a complete EQF of Capoeira coaching consists of 2 steps you will receive following certificates:
- Certificate of attendance and graduation of professional Capoeira Coaching courses. This certificate will be awarded by Colleague of Sport and Fitness of Australia, Estonian Capoeira Federation and the World Capoeira Federation, as the courses organized mutually by these institutes.
- Certificate of attendance of courses of General Knowledges. This certificate will be awarded by relevant institute in your country which designated by authorized Sport Organ. For example, in Estonia it is Tallinn Pedagogical University.
- And finally, EQF certificate and Capoeira coach license will be awarded by the relevant Sport Organ in your country which was authorized to Qualify sport specialist within EQF. For example, in Croatia it is Ministry of Science, Education and Sports, in Estonia it is Estonian Olympic Committee etc.
Why the EQF is important and what are benefits?
1. EQF qualifications provides an opportunity to obtain a coaching license in European countries where a person has Capoeira coach activity.
2. EQF supports cross-border mobility of Capoeira coaches and lifelong learning across Europe. It means your Capoeira Coaching Qualification will be recognized and welcomed in approximately all European countries, even in many other countries in the world.
3. The EQF increases the competitiveness of the coach, increases the ability to find a work as sport specialist.
4. Qualification provides an opportunity to work with youth, participate in youth policy that is produced in the country and therefore to find funding for their professional coaching work.
Who can participate?
All WCF individual members over 18 years old with at least 5 years of capoeira practice can participate in the courses.
How I can apply?
If you are an individual member of WCF and wish to participate in Coaching Qualification courses apply to your National Federation to participate in the courses.
If you are not yet an individual member of WCF, follow the link and sign up online right now: https://www.capoeira.ws/new-member/
You can directly apply to WCF by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not have National Capoeira Federation in your country which is connected to WCF.